It is in your best interest, and mine, to determine how well we might work together
My specialties are memoir, literary fiction, and nonfiction in the fields of psychology, entrepreneurship, motivational/self-help/wellbeing, travel and the outdoors, company culture and team building, progressive leadership, and education.
Prior to diving in and committing to weeks or months of collaboration, I offer potential clients a free 30-minute consult call. Here are some of the questions you should be prepared to answer:
- What is your book about? (Hint: Be able to summarize in a paragraph or two what you think your book will be [or already is] about.) I will usually ask this question in our initial email/first contact, before our call, but might ask you to elaborate a bit more when we talk.
- How long have you been thinking about or working on this project/book?
- Do you want to take part in the writing process? If so, roughly how much: 50/50 or some other configuration?
- If you have a work-in-progress, have you workshopped it? (In other words: Has anyone read your work besides your spouse, best friend, or colleague?)
- Why this book, why now?
- Who is this book for/who is your intended audience?
- How much of the book do you have written? (Zilch, a list scribbled on a napkin, a few pages of notes, a detailed outline, four chapters, 500 pages)?
- What is your timeline/desired end date?
- What kind of time will you have to work on deep edits and/or provide general feedback (i.e. love it/don’t love it)?
- Do you plan to self publish or go the traditional publishing route?